On the morning of Nov. 17, the State Bar of Texas will congratulate and administer the oath of office to more than 1,000 new attorneys at the New Lawyer Induction Ceremony, held at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin.
If you are a newly licensed attorney or a proud family member or friend attending the event, you’ll notice that the grounds surrounding the Erwin Center are looking very different. With construction of the Dell Medical School Project and the realignment of Red River Street fully underway, some streets and parking lots are currently closed. Please read on for important information regarding these changes.
- Red River Street is closed between Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and 15th Street.
- 15th Street lanes have decreased in number and shifted, so traffic can be heavy particularly during morning rush hour.
Parking Options (a map of parking locations is available on the Erwin Center’s website)
- Lot 118 directly north of the Erwin Center, accessible via I-35 southbound frontage road ($12).
- Trinity Garage at the corner of Trinity Street and MLK Boulevard, accessible via MLK Blvd. ($9-$12, time based).
- Capitol Visitors Garage on San Jacinto Street between Trinity and San Jacinto at 12th and 13th streets (free for first two hours, $1 for each half-hour thereafter with a maximum daily charge of $8).
If you have any additional questions, please contact the State Bar Membership Department at (800) 204-2222, ext. 1383, or (512) 427-1383.