The Texas Access to Justice Foundation has announced that it will provide more than $426,000 in grants among 11 nonprofits in support of legal aid services for Texas veterans.
Groups receiving the financial support include:
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco – $22,000
- Cathedral Justice Project, Houston – $22,000
- Community Justice Program, San Antonio – $22,000
- Fort Bend Lawyers Care, Richmond – $22,000
- Houston Bar Foundation, Houston and surrounding area – $60,000
- Jefferson County Bar Foundation, Beaumont – $22,000
- Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas, Fort Worth (also includes Dallas, North Texas, Panhandle, and West Texas) – $50,000
- Lone Star Legal Aid, Houston (includes Gulf Coast and East Texas) – $64,000
- Oficina Legal del Pueblo Unido, Inc. (Texas Civil Rights Project), statewide – $50,000
- Tarrant County Bar Foundation, Fort Worth – $22,000
- Texas Legal Services Center, Austin (statewide) – $70,713
The Texas Access to Justice Foundation is the largest state-based funding source for the provision of civil legal aid in Texas and has awarded more than $410 million since 1984. For more information, go to tajf.org.