The Travis County Women Lawyers’ Association and Foundation will host their annual Grants and Awards Luncheon from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. April 22 at the Four Seasons Hotel.
The annual event is held to honor leading women lawyers in Travis County through the attorney awards and to distribute grants to local nonprofits that help solve legal issues affecting women, children, and families.
This year’s keynote speaker is Maj. Mary Jennings Hegar, a Purple Heart honoree and a plaintiff in a lawsuit challenging the military’s policy of excluding women from many combat positions.
Tickets are $75. Attendees are asked to RSVP by April 15 online at www.tcwla.org or by mailing a check to TCWLF, P.O. Box 1386, Austin, Texas 78767.
2014 Attorney Award Recipients are:
• Outstanding Achievement – Brenda Strama
• Outstanding Firm – Hutcheson Bowers LLLP
• Advancement of Women’s Interests – Amie Rodnick
• Contribution to Minority Community – Elise Harriger and Sarah Woelk
• Criminal Justice – Kelsey McKay
• Government Service – Pamela Legate
• Litigation/Appellate – Sabrina Streusand
• Pro Bono – Barbara Ellis
• Public Interest – Andrea Marsh
• Corporate/Transactional – M’Lou Patton Bell
2014 Grant Recipients are:
• AIDS Services of Austin
• American Gateways
• The ARC of the Capital Area
• Asian Family Support Services of Austin
• CASA of Travis County
• Casa Marianella
• Center for Child Protection
• Disability Rights of Texas
• Family Eldercare
• Texas Fair Defense Project
• Texas RioGrande Legal Aid
• TRLA Foster Youth Justice Program