The Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, an initiative of the Dallas Bar Association, Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas, and local lawyers, is hosting free virtual and in-person legal clinics for eligible Dallas County residents throughout November.
All virtual clinics run from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- DVAP and Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld and Stinson—Thursday, November 2
- DVAP and Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, Veterans Clinic—Friday, November 3
- DVAP, DLA Piper, and Hunton Andrews Kurth—Thursday, November 9
- DVAP, St. Mary’s University School of Law, and Haynes and Boone —Thursday, November 16
- DVAP and Weil, Gotshal & Manges—Thursday, November 30
DVAP will host in-person clinics:
- Veteran’s Clinic; VA Medical Center, 4500 S. Lancaster Rd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP, Prudential, Toyota, and Winston & Strawn—Friday, November 3 at 1:30 p.m.
- South Dallas Clinic; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center; 2922 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and AT&T—Tuesday, November 14 at 5 p.m.
- East Dallas Clinic; Grace United Methodist Church; 4105 Junius at Haskell, Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP—Thursday, November 16 at 5:30 p.m.
- South Dallas Clinic; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center; 2922 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP—Tuesday, November 28 at 5 p.m.
For virtual clinics, Dallas County residents are asked to apply for free legal assistance through the online form available at https://tinyurl.com/DVAPClinic. After the form is completed, applicants can expect a phone call from an attorney through an unknown number labeled “No Caller ID” or something similar.
For information about the legal clinics, go to dallasvolunteerattorneyprogram.org. For free legal assistance any time, contact the DBA’s Lawyer Referral Service at DallasLRS.org. For media inquiries about the legal clinics, contact DVAP Director Michelle Alden at email@example.com.