The Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, an initiative of the Dallas Bar Association, Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas, and local lawyers, is hosting free virtual and in-person legal clinics for eligible Dallas County residents throughout June.
All virtual clinics run from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- DVAP and Alston & Bird—Thursday, June 1
- DVAP and Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, Veterans Clinic—Friday, June 2
- DVAP and Hunton Andrews Kurth—Thursday, June 8
- DVAP and DLA Piper—Thursday, June 15
- DVAP and Flowserve—Thursday, June 22
- DVAP and Haynes and Boone—Thursday, June 29
DVAP will host in-person clinics:
- Veteran’s Clinic; VA Medical Center, 4500 S. Lancaster Rd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Goldman Sachs/Frost Brown Todd—Friday, June 2 at 1:30 p.m.
- South Dallas Clinic; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center; 2922 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Gray Reed—Tuesday, June 13 at 5 p.m.
- East Dallas Clinic; Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and McDermott Will & Emery—Thursday, June 15 at 5 p.m.
- West Dallas Clinic; West Dallas Multipurpose Center; 2828 Fish Trap Rd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Weil Gotshal & Manges—Thursday, June 22 at 5 p.m.
- South Dallas Clinic; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center; 2922 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Baker Botts/AkinGump—Tuesday, June 27 at 5 p.m.
For virtual clinics, Dallas County residents are asked to apply for free legal assistance through the online form available at https://tinyurl.com/DVAPClinic. After the form is completed, applicants can expect a phone call from an attorney through an unknown number labeled “No Caller ID” or something similar.
For information about the legal clinics, go to dallasvolunteerattorneyprogram.org. For free legal assistance any time, contact the DBA’s Lawyer Referral Service at DallasLRS.org. For media inquiries about the legal clinics, contact DVAP Director Michelle Alden at firstname.lastname@example.org.