The State Bar of Texas Board of Directors will hold its quarterly meeting at 9 a.m. CDT on April 28 in Waco. Attorneys and members of the public can attend the meeting in person or watch it live on the State Bar’s YouTube channel.
Public comment will be accepted. Those who wish to address the board in person should fill out a speaker card onsite and submit it to a staff member. To sign up to speak remotely, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-427-1713 or 800-204-2222 (toll free) before 5 p.m. CDT on April 27. Written comments regarding agenda items may be sent to email@example.com and must be received before 5 p.m. CDT on April 24 for timely distribution to the directors before the meeting.
Find the complete agenda here.
Among the agenda items, the board will:
- Consider approval of the State Bar of Texas 2023-2024 proposed budget for presentation to the Supreme Court of Texas
- Consider approval of the Committee Review Task Force’s recommendations regarding standing committees
- Elect a board chair for the 2023-2024 bar year
- Consider the appointment of Noelle Hicks, of Houston, as an at-large director
- Hear an update on the bar’s 1415 Lavaca Building project