The Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, an initiative of the Dallas Bar Association, Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas, and local lawyers, is hosting free virtual and in-person legal clinics for eligible Dallas County residents throughout May.
All virtual clinics run from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- DVAP and DAYL Pro Bono Partners—Thursday, May 4
- DVAP and Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, Veterans Clinic—Friday, May 5
- DVAP and DLA Piper—Thursday, May 11
- DVAP, Haynes and Boone, and SMU Dedman School of Law, Women in Law—Thursday, May 18
- DVAP and UNT Dallas College of Law—Thursday, May 25
DVAP will host in-person clinics:
- Veteran’s Clinic; VA Medical Center, 4500 S. Lancaster Rd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Prudential Financial Group/Goldman Sachs/Foley Lardner/Blue Cross Blue Shield—Friday, May 5 at 1:30 p.m.
- South Dallas Clinic; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center; 2922 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and DBA Entrepreneurs in Community Lawyering—Tuesday, May 9 at 5 p.m.
- East Dallas Clinic; Grace United Methodist Church, 4105 Junius St., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Solo Volunteers—Thursday, May 18 at 5 p.m.
- South Dallas Clinic; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center; 2922 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Solo Volunteers—Tuesday, May 23 at 5 p.m.
- West Dallas Clinic; West Dallas Multipurpose Center; 2828 Fish Trap Rd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Solo Volunteers—Thursday, May 25 at 5 p.m.
For virtual clinics, Dallas County residents are asked to apply for free legal assistance through the online form available at https://tinyurl.com/DVAPClinic. After the form is completed, applicants can expect a phone call from an attorney through an unknown number labeled “No Caller ID” or something similar.
For information about the legal clinics, go to dallasvolunteerattorneyprogram.org. For free legal assistance any time, contact the DBA’s Lawyer Referral Service at DallasLRS.org. For media inquiries about the legal clinics, contact DVAP Director Michelle Alden at firstname.lastname@example.org.