The Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, an initiative of the Dallas Bar Association, Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas, and local lawyers, is hosting free virtual and in-person legal clinics for eligible Dallas County residents throughout April.
All virtual clinics run from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- DVAP and Alston & Bird—Thursday, April 6
- DVAP and Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, Veterans Clinic—Friday, April 7
- DVAP and SMU Dedman School of Law, Women in Law—Thursday, April 13
- DVAP and DLA Piper—Thursday, April 20
- DVAP, Haynes and Boone, JP Morgan Chase & Co., and Citibank—Thursday, April 27
DVAP will host in-person clinics:
- Veteran’s Clinic; VA Medical Center, 4500 S. Lancaster Rd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Jones Day—Friday, April 7 at 1:30 p.m.
- South Dallas Clinic; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center; 2922 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Baker Botts—Tuesday, April 11 at 5 p.m.
- St. Phillip’s Legal Clinic; St. Phillip’s Community Center, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Solo Volunteers—Tuesday, April 18 at 5 p.m.
- South Dallas Clinic; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center; 2922 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Katten Muchin Rosenman—Tuesday, April 25 at 5 p.m.
- West Dallas Clinic; West Dallas Multipurpose Center; 2828 Fish Trap Rd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Solo Volunteers—Thursday, April 27 at 5 p.m.
For virtual clinics, Dallas County residents are asked to apply for free legal assistance through the online form available at https://tinyurl.com/DVAPClinic. After the form is completed, applicants can expect a phone call from an attorney through an unknown number labeled “No Caller ID” or something similar.
For information about the legal clinics, go to dallasvolunteerattorneyprogram.org. For free legal assistance any time, contact the DBA’s Lawyer Referral Service at DallasLRS.org. For media inquiries about the legal clinics, contact DVAP Director Michelle Alden at email@example.com.