The Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, an initiative of the Dallas Bar Association, Legal Aid of NorthWest Texas, and local law firms, is hosting free virtual and in-person legal clinics for eligible Dallas County residents throughout February.
All virtual clinics run from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- DVAP and JP Morgan Chase & Co.—Thursday, February 2
- DVAP and Bradley Arant Boult Cummings—Friday, February 3
- DVAP and DLA Piper—Thursday, February 9
- DVAP and Katten Muchin Rosenman—Thursday, February 16
- DVAP and Haynes and Boone—Thursday, February 23
DVAP will host in-person clinics:
- Veteran’s Clinic; VA Medical Center, 4500 S. Lancaster Rd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Verizon—Friday, February 3 at 1:30 p.m.
- South Dallas Clinic; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center; 2922 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Solo Volunteers—Tuesday, February 14 at 5 p.m.
- West Dallas Clinic; West Dallas Multipurpose Center; 2828 Fish Trap Rd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Solo Volunteers—Thursday, February 23 at 5 p.m.
- South Dallas Clinic; Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center; 2922 Martin Luther King Blvd., Dallas. Sponsored by DVAP and Baker Botts—Tuesday, February 28 at 5 p.m.
For virtual clinics, Dallas County residents are asked to apply for free legal assistance through the online form available at https://tinyurl.com/DVAPClinic. After the form is completed, applicants can expect a phone call from an attorney through an unknown number labeled “No Caller ID” or something similar.
For information about the legal clinics, go to dallasvolunteerattorneyprogram.org. For free legal assistance any time, contact the DBA’s Lawyer Referral Service at DallasLRS.org. For media inquiries about the legal clinics, contact DVAP Director Michelle Alden at email@example.com.