The Texas Young Lawyers Association is seeking volunteers to judge the State Moot Court Competition preliminary rounds in Houston. Eight law school teams from across the state will compete in the competition on June 7 and 8.
Judges are needed for the preliminary rounds as follows:
- Round 1 – Tuesday, June 7 at 8:30 a.m.
- Round 2 – Tuesday, June 7 at 10:30 a.m.
- Round 3 – Tuesday, June 7 at 2 p.m.
- Round 4 – Tuesday, June 7 at 4 p.m.
- Round 5 – Wednesday, June 8 at 8:30 a.m.
- Round 6 – Wednesday, June 8 at 10:30 a.m.
- Round 7 – Wednesday, June 8 at 2 p.m.
The competition will take about an hour to judge and then about 15-20 minutes for comments after.
All materials necessary will be provided prior to the round. Additionally, each attorney may claim CLE self-study credit for being a judge.
If you are interested in judging, please click here to sign up.