Law firms rely on clients for revenue, but acquiring and retaining them is a major challenge. In this article, we provide straightforward strategies to enhance the client experience, attract more prospects, and boost referrals.
Strategy 1: Provide online payment options
People love convenience. In a world of retail tap-to-pay and one-click e-commerce checkouts, cash and checks are becoming outdated. In fact, according to Fiserv’s Billing House Survey, 79% expect local service providers to offer the same online payment options as larger national companies.
In addition, the Legal Industry Report from LawPay and MyCase found that 84% of surveyed legal professionals now accept credit cards and ACH payments from clients via online payment tools.
Accepting online payments exceeds client expectations, often improves payment cycles, and helps increase collection rates.
Strategy 2: Build a strong web presence
Your website and online presence need to sell your practice. Below are a few tips that can help you sell your practice and prompt potential clients to contact you.
- Make sure that your website is simple to navigate so potential clients can easily find the information they need.
- Let clients know what they can expect from you and what makes your firm different from competitors.
- Showcase your accomplishments, wins, and why people should pick your practice. This is a great opportunity to also include client testimonials.
- Include a professional picture of yourself and your team—or, even better, a video.
Strategy 3: Ensure timely and consistent communication
Your potential clients are shopping around. If they don’t like what they see, they’ll explore other options. So, how can you truly impress prospects? Respond. Communicate. Show them you are reliable.
Failing to respond within a certain window (typically within 24 hours) may lose you a client.
In addition, Rule 1.3 of the American Bar Association Model Rules of Professional Conduct states that “A lawyer shall act with reasonable diligence and promptness in representing a client.”
Therefore, a lack of a timely response is not only part of compliance requirements but also one of the most common complaints among clients. Legal technology like case management software allows you to automate and streamline client communication in-house for a more consistent, personalized experience. Strategy 4: Set clear expectations
How does a law firm provide an exceptional client experience? Start off by setting clear expectations from the very first meeting. This may include:
- The process your firm takes with cases like theirs, such as the next steps following the initial consultation
- The estimated timeline for their case
- How you plan to bill their case, including your rate information and when bills will be due, as well as how to pay
Utilizing a reliable payment platform, such as LawPay, enables you to automate invoice sends and reminders—helping to ensure that payment doesn’t become an issue between your firm and the client.Track time, invoice, and get paid—anytime, anywhere
Designed specifically for law firms and recommended by the American Bar Association, the LawPay payments platform ensures IOLTA compliance and helps elevate the client experience through simple, flexible, and convenient payment options.
Visit lawpay.com/texasbar to learn how LawPay can help you run your firm efficiently and free up time to focus on practicing law—anytime, anywhere.