With this guide, you can review top tactics to get organized and stay the course toward your firm’s most successful year yet.
At the top of each year, legal professionals across the country have an opportunity to reflect on their previous efforts and set plans in motion to improve their processes, increase their revenue, and better serve their clients. This guide will provide practical advice that will set your firm up for success throughout the year.
Creating Effective Goals for a New Year
The following tips can help you meet your business’s growth goals in the new year, whether you’re looking for new clients, elevating your company’s reputation, or improving your current clients’ experience.
Effective goal setting
One method to help you set your goals is by following the SMART method (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound).
- Specific: Make sure your goals are realistic and targeted, not ambiguous (such as “make more revenue”)
- Measurable: The more you can easily notice the impact your idea will have on your business, the better the idea will be.
- Achievable: Make sure your goals are not overly ambitious. For example, it wouldn’t be feasible to increase your collection rates by 200 percent.
- Relevant: Your goals should pertain to an idea or issue that will have meaningful results for your business.
- Time-Bound: Finally, it’s best to set goals that can actually be achieved within a reasonable amount of time. You might aim for a goal that can be achieved within 3 months, or even a year.
Often, networking can seem overwhelming to attorneys, especially those who are just beginning their practice. However, networking opportunities can open many doors for your practice, helping you find new clients via referrals and build business relationships that can foster success for years to come.
One easy way to do this is by attending legal industry trade shows, either in-person or virtually. Ideally, find a trade show with exhibitors that specialize in your practice area. Another strong recommendation is to join your local or specialty bar association. Attend their meetings and events and strike up conversations with their membership.
Choosing which tech works best for you
Not all law office technology is created equal. For example, if you’re comparing solutions, you should aim only to partner with a provider that can check off every item in the list below.
- Has a legal-focused foundation and understands the distinct financial requirements of legal professionals like you.
- Is vetted and recommended by your state bar association and the ABA.
- Features direct integrations with the other law firm software solutions you rely on to run your business.
- Is trusted by tens of thousands of law firms across the U.S. and Canada.
- Provides access to customer support from an in-house team of payments experts via phone, email, and chat.
- Provides valuable resources such as ebooks, guides, and sample forms along with no-charge CLE webinars.
- Requires no set-up or cancellation fees or long-term contracts.
Whether you’re just starting out, looking to grow your firm, or wanting to optimize your business, LawPay can help you reach your goals. Schedule a demo today!