Free legal resources are available to low-income individuals affected by flooding and other conditions created by Hurricane Nicholas.
The State Bar of Texas’s toll-free disaster legal services hotline—800-504-7030—puts callers in touch with legal aid providers in their areas who can help with:
- Replacement of important legal documents lost or destroyed in the disaster;
- Life, medical, and property insurance claims;
- Home repair contracts and contractors;
- Consumer protection issues such as price-gouging and avoiding contractor scams in the recovery process;
- Counseling on landlord-tenant problems; and other matters.
The hotline assists callers in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese. People who qualify for assistance will be matched with lawyers who can provide free, limited legal help.
Read more here.