The Texas Young Lawyers Association is seeking volunteers to judge the virtual State Moot Court Competition preliminary rounds. Seven law school teams from across the state will compete in the competition on June 15-17 via Zoom.
Judges are needed for the preliminary rounds as follows (all times are CDT):
- Round 1 – Tuesday, June 15 at 8:30 a.m.
- Round 2 – Tuesday, June 15 at 11 a.m.
- Round 3 – Tuesday, June 15 at 2:30 p.m.
- Round 4 – Tuesday, June 15 at 4:30 p.m.
- Round 5 – Wednesday, June 16 at 8:30 a.m.
- Round 6 – Wednesday, June 16 at 11 a.m.
- Round 7 – Wednesday, June 16 at 2:30 p.m.
Judges will be asked to log in 30 minutes before their scheduled round for check in, instructions, and other pre-round matters. The competition will take about an hour to judge and then about 15-20 minutes for comments.
All materials necessary will be provided prior to the round. Additionally, each attorney may claim CLE self-study credit for being a judge.
If you are interested in judging, please click here to sign up.