More than 25 Texas high school teams will compete in the 41st annual Texas High School Mock Trial Competition at the George Allen Courthouse in Dallas March 6-7.
Teams will argue a hypothetical civil court case written by local attorneys. The students will play the roles of plaintiffs and defense attorneys, as well as witnesses, while Dallas judges and attorneys will serve as jurors.
Attorneys and judges volunteering for the competition will also spend their time as mock trial clinic instructors, attorney advisers, and competition judges.
The winner of the competition moves on to the 2020 National Mock Trial Competition in Evansville, Indiana, May 7-10.
Of the teams competing, eight are from the Dallas area:
- Bishop Lynch High School, Dallas
- Booker T. Washington High School, Dallas
- Judge Barefoot Sanders Law Magnet, Dallas
- Skyline High School, Dallas
- Talented and Gifted Magnet, Dallas
- Creekview High School, Carrollton
- Lake Highlands High School, Richardson
- Prestonwood Christian Academy, Plano
For more information about the mock trial, go to texashighschoolmocktrial.com.