The San Antonio Bar Foundation Fellows Program was established in 1985 to “serve as patrons of the charitable heart of the legal community,” the SABF said in a press release. Fellows are members of the San Antonio Bar Association who are in good standing with the State Bar of Texas. Each year, the foundation’s Fellows Nomination Committee nominates one-third of one percent of SABA members, who are then confirmed by the SABF Board of Trustees.
There are more than 700 fellows, making up three levels of membership—fellows, life fellows, and sustaining life fellows.
“Together, these elected members make a difference in expanding civics education, filling the gap for access to justice and supporting the pipeline of future leaders in the San Antonio legal family,” the SABF said.
Making up the 2020 class of fellows are:
1. Sean Caporaletti, of Drought, Drought & Bobbitt;
2. Steve A. Chiscano, of Gonzalez Chiscano Angulo & Kasson;
3. Matthew S. Compton, of the 4th Court of Appeals;
4. Jason Davis, of Davis & Santos;
5. Jay Dewald, of Jackson Walker;
6. Jay K. Farwell; of Cokinos | Young;
7. Alexander D. Good, of Lindow Stephens Treat;
8. Guillermo M. Hernandez III, of Vidaurri, Lyde, Rodriguez & Haynes;
9. Herbert S. Hill, of Curl Stahl Geis;
10. Shawn P. Hughes, of Broadway Bank;
11. Susan C. Kilgore, of the U.S. Department of the Army;
12. Daniel “Neel” M. Lane Jr., of Norton Rose Fulbright;
13. Grant T. McFarland, of Tinsman & Sciano;
14. Ian McLin, of Langley & Banack;
15. Hon. Michael Mery, of the 37th Civil District Court;
16. Hon. Irene Rios, of the 4th Court of Appeals;
17. J. Patrick Rouse, of Langley & Banack;
18. Danielle N. Rushing, of Dykema;
19. Blake W. Stribling, of Chasnoff Mungia Valkenaar Pepping & Stribling;
20. ileta! A. Sumner;
21. Joshua Sutin, of Chamberlain Hrdlicka White Williams & Autry;
22. Mark Unger, of the Unger Law Firm;
23. Leo Unzeitig, of Chamberlain Hrdlicka White Williams & Autry;
24. Deanna Whitley, of the Whitley Law Firm; and
25. Zachary Zurek, of Jackson Walker.
For more information about the SABR or SABA, visit sabar.org.