The State Bar of Texas Criminal Justice Section has announced that a record $30,000 in scholarships will be available to criminal law practitioners who would like to attend any of the following criminal justice conferences in San Antonio, Houston, Austin, or Fort Worth within the next few months:
· 30th Annual Rusty Duncan Advanced Criminal Law Course (San Antonio, June 22-24)
· Criminal Law Boot Camp 101 (Houston, July 16)
· 43rd Annual Advanced Criminal Law Seminar (Houston, July 17-20)
· 43rd Annual Advanced Criminal Law Seminar and Boot Camp 101 (Houston, July 16-20)
· Video Presentations for Advanced Criminal Law Seminar (Austin, Sept. 6-8; Fort Worth, Sept. 13-15)
· TDCAA Annual Conference (San Antonio, Sept. 20-22)
Eligible practitioners will be selected to attend a seminar they would otherwise not be able to afford because of financial constraints. Those whose offices will pay for them to attend are not eligible for the scholarship.
Attorneys who have been licensed five years or less are preferred. Applicants must include a letter of recommendation from a judge they have appeared before during the past six months and one from another lawyer in good standing with the State Bar of Texas.