The Houston Bar Association is back with the HBA John J. Eikenburg Law Week Fun Run.
Adults, children, and families will race on Saturday, March 11, in downtown Houston on a nearly five-mile track to raise money for the Center.
Since 1950, the Center, a United Way nonprofit, has worked with people with developmental disabilities, providing them with education, job training, socialization, and health care. Today, its services help more than 450 people, according to the website.
The Houston Bar Association has raised more than $1.3 million for the Center with proceeds from the Fun Run.
This year’s race begins in Sam Houston Park and will head west on Allen Parkway along Buffalo Bayou, hook south by the Center at Tirrell Street, east on Dallas Street, north on Dunlavy Street, and east back on Allen Parkway until reaching the finish line by the park.
- 7:15 a.m. Opening announcements
- 7:30 a.m. Non-competitive 1K children’s run
- 7:50 a.m. 8K wheelchair start
- 8 a.m. Individual 8K and team 8K start
- 8:30 a.m. Non-competitive one-mile family walk
The Fun Run is open to the public. Entry for individuals is $35 for the 8K run and $18 for the one-mile children’s run and family walk. Three-person team entry is $330.
Registration is available online or in person at the following:
- Thursday, March 9 (10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
- VERTS Mediterranean Grill, 107 Yale St., St. 600, Houston 77007
- Friday, March 10 (8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
- The Center’s Cullen Residence Hall, 3550 W. Dallas St., Houston 77019
- Saturday, March 11 (6:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m.)
- Race Day Registration at Sam Houston Park, 1100 Bagby Street, Houston 77002
Post-race events include live music, refreshments, an awards ceremony for the winners, and drawings for prizes from local merchants. Participants will receive commemorative T-shirts.