The Texas Bar Foundation is calling for entries for their 2014 Award Program. The Texas Bar Foundation award categories include the following:
- Dan Rugeley Price Award recognizes an attorney who is an accomplished legal writer and researcher.
- Lola Wright Foundation Award is given to an attorney who exemplifies the highest standards of legal ethics.
- Outstanding 50 Year Lawyer Award recognizes an attorney whose practice spans 50 years or more and adheres to the highest principles and traditions of the legal profession and service to the public.
- Ronald D. Secrest Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award is awarded to an attorney who has demonstrated high ethical and moral standards and has demonstrated exceptional professional conduct, thus enhancing the image of the trial lawyer.
- Samuel Pessarra Outstanding Jurist Award is given to an active current Federal or State judge who has served on the bench for a minimum of 10 years and exhibits an exceptionally outstanding reputation for competency, efficiency, and integrity.
- Outstanding Law Review Article Award which honors a law review article published by one of the Texas law schools.
- Gregory S. Coleman Outstanding Appellate Lawyer Award recognizes an attorney who exhibits an outstanding appellate practice and strong moral compass while maintaining a strong commitment to providing legal services for the underserved and mentoring of young lawyers.
For more information and to view the nomination form, please visit the Texas Bar Foundation website and click on the "2014 Awards Submissions" ribbon.
The deadline for submissions is January 15, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. in the Texas Bar Foundation office.
The Texas Bar Foundation is located at 515 Congress Ave., Ste. 1755, Austin, 78701. You may contact them at 512-480-8000, Fax: 512-480-8005, or firstname.lastname@example.org.