State Bar of Texas Blog
Austin Bar expands free legal advice clinics for wildfire evacuees
From the Austin Bar Association:
Austin, TX – The Austin Bar Association, in partnership with the Bastrop County Bar Association, has expanded the free legal clinics for wildfire evacuees to six shelters in Bastrop County.
Attorneys will be available in Bastrop at the following locations from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. today, Sept. 8 through Saturday, Sept. 10 (and possibly into next week depending on need):
- Bastrop Christian Outreach, 1096 Hwy 71 W.
- Ascension Catholic Church, 802 Pine St. (Water St. & Pine St.)
- Celebration Christian Church, 107 Longhorn St.
- First Assembly of God, 609 Pecan St.
- Premerica Baptist Church, 308 Paul C Bell
- Sears Hometown Store, 735 Old Austin Hwy, Ste. B
In addition, two hotlines have been set up for legal questions for those that cannot return to the area:
- State Bar of Texas: 1-800-504-7030
- Texas RioGrande Legal Aid: 1-866-757-1570
Attorneys who want to volunteer, should contact Michelle Fox at email@example.com.